SHORT INCA TRAIL 2D/1N
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – WIÑAYHUAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES / group service
We pick you up at your hotel at 5:00am, for the journey with our private transport to the train station, and then we take our train for two hours at 104 km (2,100m/6,927ft) of Cusco-Machu Picchu way, where begin our trek passing the first checkpoint. Afterwards we initiate a moderate climbing for three hours to the magnificent archaeological site of Wiñayhuana (2,650m/8747ft), once here we may enjoy the spectacular views of the Urubamba canyon,stunning Inca sites and the connection of the traditional four day Inca Trail. After time to enjoy this beautiful sight, we continue our hike towards the Sun Gate (2,730mts/9,007ft), from here we will have the first spectacular view of Machu picchu in all its brilliance and majestic monumentality. Afterwards we walk downhill for one hour to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Then we will take our bus to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hotel.
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner.
- Accommodation: NOT REQUESTED
- Difficulty: Moderate.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO / group service
After an early breakfast we leave our hotel to take the bus for the journey up to the Machu Picchu ruins. Once there we will visit one of the most important mystic centers of the world: Machu Picchu. A 3 hour guided tour will take us into the history around this mysterious and charming ruin. After that we have plenty of time for further exploring, taking photos and eventually climbing Huayna Picchu Mountain or going up to the Sun Gate, before we head back to Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon we take the return train to Ollantaytambo with private bus connection to Cusco, arriving at your hotel in the evening.
- Meal: Breakfast
- Difficulty: Easy.
What is Included
- Pick up at your hotel
- Private transport from your hotel to the train station
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- English speaking professional guide experienced in trekking and degree in archaeology.
- Private guided tour in Machu picchu
- Expedition Tourist Train from Ollanataytambo at 104 kilometer and Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo with private bus connection to Cusco.
- Admission Tickets to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu Archaeological site.
- One night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (hot shower, private room and bath and breakfast included)
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
What is not included
- Wayna Picchu Mountain ($65)
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- First breakfast , Last lunch and dinner
- 1 way bus ticket (Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes), it can be hiked for 1h.
- OPTIONAL UPGRADES: Hotel or Train
- VISTADOME: iNCLUDED
- Tips for your staff, tips are optional but of great appreciation for them)
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING.
- A lightweight 30-50 liter backpack, which will be lightweight to use throughout the hike.
- Waterproof jacket or clothing, a rain poncho (US$2)
- Trekking boots or good waterproof shoes,
- Sandals to have great facility in the thermal baths and to be able to rest the feet after each day.
- Warm clothes including jackets, gloves, scarves, chullo we recommend you bring thermal clothes, especially for sleeping.
- Flashlight, binoculars and walking sticks.
- Camera with batteries for the entire trip (batteries are consumed very quickly by the cold)
- Hat, sunscreen and a re-moisturizing skin cream, sunglasses
- Insect repellent.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: such as chocolates, cookies, dried fruits, raisins…
- Your own emergency kit, especially if you have special medication.
- Clothes for the thermal baths, bikini, towel etc….
- Enough cash for hot water lunch, gifts and tips
- Identity card, original passport. International Student Card (ISIC) if you have it.